Friday, July 8, 2011

Ginny's bees

[from Ginny in Maine, 8 July 2011, photos by Fabi]

Last March, while in my house, I complained that all the A/C units in the house were working well except for the master bedroom, which just couldn't seem to cool down the room. Controls were fiddled with, it was suggested that perhaps I would need a lesson in how to properly use the remote. Then I began to get complaints from renters in June who said that no matter what they did, they could never coax enough heat out of the bedroom unit. I was told that there was nothing wrong with the heater, that perhaps the tenant should be taught how to use the remote, that we had to remember to close the bedroom door, that the problem really was that I lived too far away and tended to worry, that possibly I did not know what it was like to live in the country.

As the decibel level of my fit-throwing began to rise between Maine and Cafayate, a visit was scheduled by Fabi and the builder and later that day I got a triumphant email to say that my heater was fixed and the problem revealed itself as a large beehive effectively immobilizing the blades of the heater.



No comments:

Post a Comment